IPL Laser Pre Treatment & Aftercare
The information provided within this document should be followed by all patients prior to receiving IPL/Laser treatment and after the treatment is administered. It is crucial to the health of your skin and the success of your treatment that you read and follow ALL guidelines contained in this document.
Inform your therapist if you are using:
- Retin-A, Renova, Differin (Adapalene 0.1%), Tazorac (or within the last 6 months).
- Any products containing Retinol, AHA or BHAs or benzyl peroxide.
- Any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating.
- Antibiotics orally or topically.
- St Johns Wort or any known product that makes your skin sensitive to light (within the last 3 months).
- Steroid creams – prescribed by your GP.
- Any prescribed skin treatment creams.
- Gold Medications – gold salt injections for arthritis prevention.
- Or have used Roaccutane or isotretinoin (within the 6 months)
Inform your therapist if you have any of the following:
- Have active cold sores or warts.
- Have open wounds, sunburn, excessively sensitive skin, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea in the area to be treated.
- Individuals with a history of allergies, rashes or other skin reactions, or may be sensitive to infection/spots.
- Have received chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Women who are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
- If you are going on holiday and expect sun exposure within the next four weeks.
- Suffer from Vitiligo.
- Have a history of keloid scarring.
- Poorly controlled diabetes.
- Suffer from Porphyria or epilepsy.
- Have a cold/flu or any symptoms of being rundown or exhausted (or within the last week).
If you have any questions or queries about anything prior to your first treatment or during treatment courses, please do not hesitate to contact us.
After treatment the skin will be cooled and skin barrier protection will be applied to prevent environmental sensitisation.
We recommend that post treatment:
- Skin should not be exposed to UV (sun exposure or tanning beds) for at least 4 weeks following treatment. Use of an SPF 30 plus is advised.
- Do not use any products that may be drying or irritating within 48 hours.
- Do not use any bleaching creams or perfumed products for 24 hours.
- Avoid hot baths, showers, steams rooms or saunas for 24 hours.
- Keep the area clean and dry post treatment.
- Do not use any creams, lotions or prescribed treatments on the treatment area without consulting your practitioner.
- The treatment area should not be picked or scratched at any point throughout your treatment course.
If you have any questions or queries about anything experienced post treatment, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In an emergency please call 07527 296 919 or email email@example.com and we endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible. We are here to help, advise and ensure that your treatment is safe and effective.